guix-devel

Re: Proxy settings wrt guix daemon

From: Vincent Legoll
Subject: Re: Proxy settings wrt guix daemon
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 14:07:36 +0200

Hello

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 5:00 PM Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
> So my recommendation would be to fix [4] specifically for ‘guix-daemon’
> by adding a ‘set-proxy’ action or something.

Trying to understand what that would imply, I stumbled upon my
ignorance of how to test attempts at implementing that.

Would the following be useful :
make + pre-inst guix system container in a git checkout / branch
with modifications to nix/libstore/builtins.cc::builtinDownload (for
the server part)

Then how to implement the "asking the server to change its
proxy setting" ? Where should I look ?

What UI (client-side) ?

`guix daemon set-proxy` or something like that ?

I.e. I'm willing to try, but will need guidance...

--
Vincent Legoll