guix-devel

Re: Security-czar needed? WAS: Re: Release 1.2.1: zstd 1.4.4 -> 1.4.9: g

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Security-czar needed? WAS: Re: Release 1.2.1: zstd 1.4.4 -> 1.4.9: grafting or core-updates?
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 15:00:59 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, 17 Mar 2021 at 07:24, Léo Le Bouter <lle-bout@zaclys.net> wrote:

> I think we can handle this without granting us any special powers, I
> like it that we don't have roles actually!
>
> We can discuss, debate, agree to common goals, I don't think we are
> going to enter into conflict, we hear each other, we communicate, I
> think that's a really good thing in GNU Guix :-D
>
> Lots of other communities enter into conflict fast and stop
> communicating, GNU Guix is not that, there's a spirit of goodwill of
> everyone and that's really pleasing to live as a contributor and user.

I agree and am aligned with these words. (Without saying there is de
facto hats. :-))

The downside is that sometimes things are stalling.  Examples:
core-updates unmerged since ~10 months, patches that fall in the crack,
old bugs never closed, etc. Pick any non fun stuff. :-)

Hard topic about collective work in general: is it possible to scale
with only implicit hats and no explicit ones? :-)  Hat meaning feel in
charge and do the job to make it happen.

Cheers,
simon