guix-devel

Re: [opinion] CVE-patching is not sufficient for package security patchi

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: [opinion] CVE-patching is not sufficient for package security patching
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 15:22:16 +0100

Hello,

> Concretely, this would mean a Honeycomb LX2 or Ampere ALTRA workstation,
> since I don't believe there are any other aarch64 workstations available
> for sale.
>
> https://www.solid-run.com/arm-servers-networking-platforms/honeycomb-workstation/
> https://store.avantek.co.uk/ampere-altra-64bit-arm-workstation.html

I recently added a new metric in Cuirass: "Builds count per machine
during the last day". Turns out the overdrive1 with its two workers
seems to outperform the hydra-guix-X running emulated builds on four
workers.

As soon as the other overdrives are back online, the situation will
hopefully be a tiny bit better. Buying and hosting other machines such
as the ones you mentioned could also help here.

The Wireguard tunnel between berlin an the overdrive1 works fine and
configuring those machines with something similar to
"hydra/modules/sysadmin/overdrive.scm" should be enough to add them as
Cuirass workers.

Thanks,

Mathieu