guix-devel

Re: Security patching and the branching workflow: a new security-updates

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Security patching and the branching workflow: a new security-updates branch
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 23:29:47 +0200

Léo,

Léo Le Bouter <lle-bout@zaclys.net> skribis:

> I feel harassed by your comments because you obsessed on this zstd
> issue and try to make it the cause of some other problems you saw
> without any evidence.

It’s unacceptable to call someone “obsessed” just because you disagree
and calling Simon’s comments “harassment” is equally inappropriate.

We’re all passionate about the project, and each one of us looks at it
from a different angle.

You’re new to the project.  I think we’re all glad you joined; that has
already boosted security work and the POWER9 port.  But we also have
expectations: that you follow written rules (the code of conduct, the
“Commit Access” section of the manual), and the unwritten rule that, as
a newcomer, you would humbly listen to suggestions made by more
experienced contributors.

The unresolved issues Simon points out are not just technical problems;
they’re a hindrance to our cooperation and to our well-being as a group.
It’s completely okay to make mistakes, but it’s not okay to break the
community rules and to dismiss the opinion of others as unimportant.

Please adjust accordingly.

Thanks,
Ludo’.