guix-devel

Re: What’s next?

From: Maxime Devos
Subject: Re: What’s next?
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 15:38:09 +0200

Ludovic Courtès schreef op za 15-05-2021 om 19:47 [+0200]:
> Hello Guix!
>
> So, now that 1.3.0 is out the door, what’s next?!
>
> Here’s my wish list of things that look achievable within 4 to 6 months
> (I hope to help on some of these): [...]

Distributing substitutes over IPFS.

The original patch series dates from 2018
<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/33899>. We now have an IPFS service
(<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/45905>, merged) and a patch to expose the the
gateway
and not only the API (<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/48299>, unmerged).
It seems the only part missing is the IPFS substituter (and relevant "guix
publish"
code) itself.

The discussion on IPLD and Unixfs is rather esoteric to me, so I can't help
there.

Greetings,
Maxime