guix-devel

Re: missing patch for texlive-bin (e77412362f)

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: missing patch for texlive-bin (e77412362f)
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 00:20:10 +0100

Hi Maxime,

Thanks for the pointer.

On Wed, 2 Feb 2022 at 23:57, Maxime Devos <maximedevos@telenet.be> wrote:

> zimoun schreef op wo 02-02-2022 om 19:42 [+0100]:
> >  2. How to preserve such patches?  Other said, are they part of the
> >  Disarchive machinery?  For now, some patches are probably missed by
> >  sources.json and thus not ingested by SWH.
>
> Can we tell SWH to ingest svntogit-packages, in such a way that every
> individual file from every commit can be individually fetched from
> SWH?  If so, then all (historical?) patches in Archlinux would be
> saved.

The request for saving the repo is done; if it is not already in.  See [1].

But the question is if Disarchive dissambles and preserves external
patches.  Timothy?

For instance, the file sources.json ingested by SWH is not doing that
yet, if I remember correctly.

1: <https://archive.softwareheritage.org/save/#requests>