guix-devel

Re: cross compiling using qemu-user-static

From: Maxime Devos
Subject: Re: cross compiling using qemu-user-static
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2022 18:31:31 +0100

Tobias Platen schreef op za 05-02-2022 om 18:23 [+0100]:
> > What does "type -p guix" return? $HOME/.guix-profile/bin/guix or
> > /usr/{local/,}bin/guix or something else?
> /usr/local/bin/guix

Looks like an old version.  I see two possibilities here:

  * Set up .bash_profile and .profile like documented in the manual
    and login again.  For whatever reason, on my Debian system at
    least, when I start a graphical session ~/.bash_profile and
    ~/.profile are ignored, so I have to do "bash --login" to start
    a login shell to start doing up-to-date Guix stuff.

  * If /usr/local/bin/guix is a symlink to
    /var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix/bin/guix,
    like on my Debian system, then updating root's guix
    (sudo guix pull) should be sufficient -- it's a bit
    unconventional and suboptimal but it should work.

Greetings,
Maxime.