guix-devel

Re: emacs tramp in remote guix

From: Antonio Carlos Padoan Junior
Subject: Re: emacs tramp in remote guix
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 19:04:02 +0100

Josselin Poiret <dev@jpoiret.xyz> writes:

> I personally use
>
>   (require 'tramp)
>   (connection-local-set-profile-variables
>    'guix-system
>    '((tramp-remote-path . (tramp-own-remote-path))))
>   (connection-local-set-profiles
>    '(:application tramp :protocol "sudo" :machine "hostname")
>    'guix-system)
>
> for tramp on my own machine.  The symbol 'tramp-own-remote-path uses the
> login shell of the target to determine the environment to use, so is
> well suited for guix.  You may need to adjust the :protocol and :machine
> keys of the connection-local-set-profiles call for your use case though.
>
> Best,

Thanks Josselin and Mikhail!

Cleaning the tramp file did the job! It works now!

I will check closely Josselin proposition as well, it seems I have
something new to learn there.

IMHO, giving the importance emacs has in guix distribution this is
something that merits a place on guix cookbook perhaps.

Best regards
--
Antonio Carlos PADOAN JUNIOR
Phone: +33(0)6 5035 1196