guix-devel

Re: Compiling blender

From: Ekaitz Zarraga
Subject: Re: Compiling blender
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 11:34:28 +0000

> On purpose? We have binaries for blender:
>
> https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=blender

I was updating mesa, see #54066.

> PS: I don’t take the bait :)

But think about it, that makes Guix unusable when running
on battery for instance. Making a Guix pull is unpredictable too...

I understand your point with Bitcoin, and I agree to certain
extent, but I think it's too strict thinking.

Malware is software that does bad things that are not expected by
the user. Bitcoin is supposed to act like that, so that's ok imho.

Also, anyone can use any software in a very inefficient way... IDK

It just feels like too much in my opinion.