guix-devel

Re: Release progress, week 8

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: Release progress, week 8
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2022 10:34:16 +0100

Hey Ludo,

>   fe563a87ad gnu: texinfo, info-reader: Do not run tests when cross-compiling.

Wow, that's a lot of fixes!

> Yesterday on IRC we discussed an installer crash received at
> dump.guix.gnu.org.  Did you or will you have time to look into it?

Yes and I think that for some reason we are not detecting the
installation device properly. However, as I cannot reproduce it, we
would need to find someone kind enough to run an instrumented installer
to understand this issue.

We can also add a few traces to the syslog and fix this issue later on,
depending on our schedule.

Thanks,

Mathieu