guix-devel

Re: Dissecting Guix -- blog post series

From: Mekeor Melire
Subject: Re: Dissecting Guix -- blog post series
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 01:43:03 +0000

On Sat Dec 10, 2022 at 9:25 PM GMT, Mekeor Melire wrote:

> By the way, the text does not seem to strictly fill columns at > a certain line width. So I did not bother to fill columns in > the "patch".

Right, I should set up FILL-COLUMNS-INDICATOR... :)

Or auto-fill-mode? :)

> If the purpose is out of scope, then we should not dive in > that deeply. Especially, I'd suggest skip the code snippet.

I'm not sure about this.

Personally, I felt kind of fooled at that point, because it felt like I had made needless efforts to read an irrelevant code snippet.

> I think an example for invoking read-derivation-from-file > would round up this tutorial really nicely because it'd close > the circle between .drv-files and <derivation>-objects.

Okay!  And one for write-derivation, too.

Sure :)

By the way, sorry for the malformatted e-mail; I was tweaking around with my mail-client's settings. (I'm now using f=f and non-broken lines.) Hope my mails are well readable at your end. Please let me know if they're not.