guix-devel

Re: Python feature branch

From: John Kehayias
Subject: Re: Python feature branch
Date: Tue, 09 May 2023 04:26:32 +0000

Hi all,

On Mon, May 08, 2023 at 07:28 PM, Lars-Dominik Braun wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
>> I wanted to set up automatic building on cuirass for the Python updates
>> branch, but was not sure which one it is:
>> $ git branch -a | grep python
>>   remotes/origin/python-updates
>>   remotes/origin/wip-python-graphviz
>>   remotes/origin/wip-python-mne
>>   remotes/origin/wip-python-pep517
>
> I doubt there is one yet. Per #63139 I was going to set up
> “python-team”, which seems to be the naming consesus right now.

Right, I don't think we have a naming convention, but as per some
other threads we want to solidify this new process over the
staging/core-updates monolithic branches. We could add this as part of
the patch naming convention to ease finding patches and using QA for
testing/building. A straightforward "python-team" or "python-updates"
in general sounds good to me.

By the way, I'll comment in #63139, but I'll be away for several weeks
starting at the end of this week. I'll see what progress I can chip
away at before then and leave it in all these capable hands.

Thanks!
John