guix-devel

Re: Should commit signing always be required for local work? [was Re: bu

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: Should commit signing always be required for local work? [was Re: bug#63261: Recent changes to git config cause errors for non-committers]
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 18:22:13 +0200

Hi Josselin,

On ven., 19 mai 2023 at 11:34, Josselin Poiret <dev@jpoiret.xyz> wrote:

> I'm curious Leo, in general (not Guix because we have a pre-push hook),
> how do you make sure you always publish signed commits?  I don't want to
> put unsigned commits anywhere except locally, but it feels like I might
> just forget to sign them before pushing.

Well, I am not Leo. :-) Maybe I misunderstand your question but usually
my file ~/.gitconfig contains my default; say always sign.  Then
locally, for some project [1], I set other options with the local file
.git/config of the repository.

And for the ones I do not want to sign locally but I will push signed, I
have pre-push hooks.  Note, in practise, I do not have such
configuration. :-)

1: https://gitlab.inria.fr/guix-hpc/website

Cheers,
simon