guix-devel

Re: A Forum for Guix Users

From: 宋文武
Subject: Re: A Forum for Guix Users
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 21:30:30 +0800

Sarthak Shah <shahsarthakw@gmail.com> writes:

> The reason why I'm suggesting a move away from mailing lists is that it is a
> lot easier to follow threads on forums.
> You have all the replies on the same page, compared to clicking on the link
> of each reply, realizing it doesn't have the answer, clicking
> another link and so on...

Well, I could not image we'd move away from mailing lists (for patches,
issues)...  For QA forum we have the help-guix list, it has an
unofficial public-inbox instance at https://yhetil.org/guix-user/ ,
which show replies in one page, and can be clicked to reply by email...
Maybe we can write a more polished web interface for public-inbox.

Also today I learned there exist fediverse reddit like sites using
lemmy/kbin, where you can get a modern forum experience. eg:
https://kbin.social/m/guix@lemmy.ml (not much people there though...)

If we can bridge mailing lists with those fediverse sites, that will be
cool!  🤔