guix-devel

Re: How can we decrease the cognitive overhead for contributors?

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: How can we decrease the cognitive overhead for contributors?
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 10:51:51 -0400

Hi,

Csepp <raingloom@riseup.net> writes:

> Giovanni Biscuolo <g@xelera.eu> writes:
>
>> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
>> Hello Csepp,
>>
>> Csepp <raingloom@riseup.net> writes:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> I don't think repeating that no forge sucks less advances the
>>> conversation towards any solution other than keeping the status quo,
>>> which can't really be called a solution.
>>
>> Are we really talking about changing the official Guix forge:
>> https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/guix?
>
> I definitely am.

The real place to put efforts toward that goal should be in the GNU
project; this way we can continue to maintain shared resource, knowledge
and tooling as a project.  I think packaging either sourcehut or gitea
and writing a Guix System service for it would provide opportunities to
experiment and perhaps one day move in that direction, so that's
something concrete that you can direct your efforts too.

--
Thanks,
Maxim