guix-devel

Discontinuing data.guix.gnu.org?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Discontinuing data.guix.gnu.org?
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2023 11:39:55 +0100

Hello!

Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> skribis:

> As previously set out, I'm planning to stop hosting the data service
> instances this year. While I would like to stop hosting the server for
> data.guix.gnu.org,

I forgot the outcome of previous discussions, but it seems to me that
the service itself and all the data it accumulated over the years are
super valuable.  I would be sad to see it go!

Is there something we can do to not lose it all?  It could be
distributing responsibility, reducing the scope, ensuring hosting is
managed collectively by the project, etc.  WDYT?

Ludo’.