guix-devel

Why is it acceptable to have digital-ocean-configuration in the Guix?

From: Tomas Volf
Subject: Why is it acceptable to have digital-ocean-configuration in the Guix?
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 11:33:57 +0100

Greetings,

I would like to inquire regarding digital-ocean-configuration type used for
provisioning DigitalOcean Droplets.  I do not understand why it is acceptable to
have this type in the source code.  Reading the Free GNU/Linux distributions
criteria[0] I see this sentence (emphasis mine):

> This means they will include, and *propose*, exclusively free software.

As far as I know DigitalOcean Droplets are not free software (please correct me
if I am wrong).  I contemplated on this for a bit, and I do not understand why
it is acceptable.

Would someone be so kind to explain the reason to me?

Thank you and have a nice day,
Tomas Volf

0: https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html

--
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.