guix-devel

Re: Golang check phase skipping some tests?

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: Golang check phase skipping some tests?
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 16:54:06 -0500

Hi Sharlatan,

Sharlatan Hellseher <sharlatanus@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> You mentioned go-team branch which I tried to find :-)
>
> Is there any formal procedure to push new branches?
> I might need a branch to push changes from the split task
> instead of sending patches.

The branch workflow for teams is to use a *-team branch that is short
lived, e.g. for the time needed to do the integration work; with an
associated job spec in Cuirass (ci.guix.gnu.org) to build it.

Patches should still ideally be reviewed on the guix-patches mailing
list before merging to the branch, especially if multiple people are
working on the branch.

A request for merge message is then sent to guix-patches@gnu.org as
explained in (info "(guix) Managing Patches and Branches"), and we wait
for the branch to be scheduled and built by QA, which should hopefully
catch any problems with it before it's merged.

At least that's the spirit; when the QA is lagging too much behind and
nothing happens for a long time, we can fallback to a heavier local
testing as we were doing previously, back when we didn't have these
handy tools.  I use some shell procedures you can find here [0] that may
be of use to build dependent packages and such.

[0]
https://notabug.org/apteryx/guix-api-examples/src/master/command-line-hacks.sh

--
Thanks,