guix-devel

Re: GUIX days and FOSDEM 2024

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: GUIX days and FOSDEM 2024
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 10:54:30 +0100

Hi all,

We have overshot 40 participants for Guix days. If you add yourself to
the list you may still get in. I think capacity is up to 50 people.
If we really have to bar people we can set up a satellite event
somewhere (a fringe of a fringe), but I think we'll be OK.

We'll have to look for a larger venue next year!! Go go Guix!

On a separate note, our friend indieterminancy (aka Jonathan) has
organised a Friday evening dinner for us at Offdem!!

=> https://oxygen.offdem.net/pub/offdem-ourstory

Near Pont Jules de Trooz. It is a 40 minute walk past Gar du Nord, or
a bus ride away.

Again we have a limited number of 40 seats, and others may want to
join who are not coming to Guix days, so use the following website to
sign up (you don't have to sign in - though you need to verify by
E-mail):

=> https://mobilizon.nl/events/ee570f76-1898-43ff-88f0-86f18608ff2d

signup by email option:

=>
https://mobilizon.nl/events/ee570f76-1898-43ff-88f0-86f18608ff2d/participate/without-account

They'll cook with volunteers for a larger group in addition to ours.
If you or your partner want to help with cooking that will be much
appreciated! Maybe and antidote to geeky stuff. We can send a note.
Dinner will cost EUR 20 pp. After 10pm we should be quiet - it is
residential area.

If too many people want to sign up we can organise another satellite
dinner on Friday. Just ping us at that point. There are many
restaurants in that area.

Do sign up - it is first come first serve in both cases.

Pj.