guix-devel

Re: Google Summer of Code Inquiry

From: Ekaitz Zarraga
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code Inquiry
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 12:03:07 +0100

Hi all,

Yes, I proposed the project because that was something I wanted to do myself, but I didn't have the time for.

As Ludo suggests, start getting familiar with Guix's codebase and usage. I can help you with contribution later.

When digging on the code, this talk by Josselin Poiret is very helpful:

https://10years.guix.gnu.org/program/#guixy-guile-the-derivation-factory-a-tour-of-the-guix-source-tree

Feel free to contact us at any time and as questions. I more than open to answer all I can.

Also, I recommend you take a look to what an AppImage is, if you are not sure about it and how `guix pack` works, i.e. what contents do the `pack`s have. Once you get that, it shouldn't be too hard to combine both.

Cheers,
Ekaitz