guix-devel

Re: time-bomb and CI? (was bug#69800: kcalendarcore time-bomb)

From: Vagrant Cascadian
Subject: Re: time-bomb and CI? (was bug#69800: kcalendarcore time-bomb)
Date: Mon, 06 May 2024 09:46:37 -0700

On 2024-05-06, Simon Tournier wrote:
> [...]

This would also be good for checking reproducible builds, as time is one
of the harder things to normalize in the guix (or any) build
environment!

I would recommend using some padded days, e.g. 3 x 365 days + 31 days +
1 day (leap years) + 1 day (for good measure), as this maximises the
chance that embedded day, month and year will always be different.

> PS: Do we speak about bug of year 2038? ;-)

Either speak now or wait for the inevitible! :)

live well,
  vagrant