guix-devel

Using Guix for hardware development

From: Tobias Alexandra Platen
Subject: Using Guix for hardware development
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2024 18:51:17 +0200

Since the version included in Debian is too old, I am using kicad
packaged via guix on my Talos II. This seems to work well, except that
OpenGL is using software rendering. I was able to open my old
design of my lighthouse project. Next I will try to get OpenGL and
Vulkan working with my GPU. The hardware I am designing will meet the
criteria for Respects Your Freedom (RYF) certification, I am going to
use an iCE40 FPGA and RP2040 which are known to have libre toolchains
and plan to package libsurvive on guix soon.

Alex (they/them)