guix-devel

Re: Rust-team branch status?

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: Rust-team branch status?
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2024 16:18:16 +0300

On Thu, Jun 20, 2024 at 05:10:11PM -0700, Ian Eure wrote:
> Hi Guixers,
>
> I want to update the Librewolf package, but it now depends on Rust >= 1.76,
> which is newer than what's in master.  I see the rust-team branch has
> versions up to 1.77 — is there a timeline for merging that, or a TODO list of
> things that need to be done to merge it?  I'm not sure if I can help there,
> but would rather direct efforts towards getting rust updated than patching
> Librewolf to build with older versions.

I managed to burn myself out on rust stuff a few months ago and I'm
finally coming back to the rust-team branch.  There are still hundreds
of patches sent for the branch which I had hoped to catch-up on, but I'm
fairly certain that the branch is in a good state for merging even now.

Currently it has rust-1.77.1.  There is a newer 1.77.2 available, and
the newest version is 1.79.  After merging the current branch I hope to
be able to move the version of rust on the rust-team branch to whatever
the latest version is.

--
Efraim Flashner   <efraim@flashner.co.il>   רנשלפ םירפא