help-debbugs

Re: Mail processing problem on debbugs?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Mail processing problem on debbugs?
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 14:27:37 -0400

Michael Albinus wrote:

>> 3) what to do about the mails that are in the mailman archive, but were
>> not sent on to debbugs. I guesstimate it is about 100 mails.
>> With some effort, they could be manually injected into debbugs.
>
> I believe we should do. How to sync? I could do it by tomorrow morning
> (Berlin time), but I would need some few words about what to do.

Thanks very much.

1. Look at the mailman archives for March, and identify the missing mails.

Eg from
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi-bin/mailman/private/debbugs-submit/2020-March/date.html

it is roughly the ones between

"[ludo at gnu.org: Re: bug#24076: gnupg [-agent]: when signing [commits], it
claims that there is no pinentry - but there is] "

and my "test 1" mail.

It's probably better to use a source like
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/debbugs-submit/2020-March.txt

A few of the ones inbetween will be ok, because they were held for
moderation till after the problem was fixed.
You could check for message-ids in /var/lib/debbugs/spool/db-h/

2) Extract the missing mails as individual mbox files.

3) Insert each into /var/lib/debbugs/spool/incoming/ as a file named
"I<code><number>.datestamp".

<code> is a single letter, as listed in /usr/lib/debbugs/process.
Eg "Q" = quiet, "D" = done, etc. In most cases, I think you want "B".
datestamp begins with `date +%s` output (I forget the exact format, it
may not matter. You could send a test mail and watch what happens).

4) As the user "Debian-debbugs", run /usr/lib/debbugs/processall. Or
just let cron do it. I would start with one test message to check it
works!

(Or rather than step 3, maybe it would be easier to just resend them
all, I'm not sure.)