[Savannah-hackers] Re: awacs & xlogmaster

From: Georg C. F. Greve
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: awacs & xlogmaster
Date: 14 Feb 2001 16:51:48 +0100

Hi Loic!

 || On Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:15:56 +0100 (CET)
 || Loic Dachary <address@hidden> wrote:

 ld>  When a project is registered two groups are created from its
 ld> "name" : name and webname. This is done for every project, even
 ld> if the project is only web oriented you have the two names. A
 ld> waste probably but implementing something more subtle requires
 ld> thinking ;-)

Very good. I see you HAVE thought about this. *g*

By the way: is there a way to implement branch-control in the web CVS
stuff? For instance one could imagine creating different branches for
web pages so new pages could be built on the CVS server and then the
web server gets switched to the new branch when the pages are
ready. And if someone decides the new pages suck, you could switch
back to the old. :-)

I'm also thinking about how to do "release based" things like the
BGW. Usually you collect the versions over a few weeks and then
release them all at once.

So a way to control the web server repository from savannah might be a
nice thing to have (in case you aren't busy enough already j/k). .-)

Once savannah is "public," we should consider having a little
navigation bar on top like sourceforge has to tie together Brave GNU
World & Savannah. I think that might work out just great.

Later,
        Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                       <address@hidden>