[Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden: GNUBIZ Project]

From: Georg C. F. Greve
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden: GNUBIZ Project]
Date: 25 Feb 2001 12:22:48 +0100

 || On Sat, 24 Feb 2001 18:05:07 +0100 (CET)
 || Loic Dachary <address@hidden> wrote:

 >> And you should know all this yourself as I told you about it in
 >> Paris.

 ld>  I recall we talked about it. I did not remember it was formally
 ld> part of the GNU project.

I never said it was part of the GNU Project. It is the FSF(E)'s answer
to the "Open Source" movement - originated by me in direct contact
with RMS all the way. Nothing more, nothing less.

 >> As I said several times (and also to Guillaume in IRC): it is not
 >> will be more of an interactive web portal than www.gnu.org itself.

 ld>  Ok. The fact that it's mirrored at www.gnu.org does not imply
 ld> that there will be a link from the www.gnu.org to it. You can see
 ld> this as a mirror.  Savannah works this way as far as web pages
 ld> are concerned.

Hm. I don't consider this a good thing. If having a CVS repository on
savannah means having the pages on www.gnu.org we'll probably start
looking for another solution.

Regards,
                Georg