Re: [Savannah-hackers] gnulib

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] gnulib
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 10:09:51 -0800

On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 04:27:54PM +0100, Loic Dachary wrote:

>        I was in the process of integrating gnulib
> (subversions.gnu.org:/cvs/gnulib) into savannah.gnu.org. I was not able
> to find out what is the official name of that GNU package. Does it have
> a page on www.gnu.org ?

I setup gnulib originally to collect files that had been floating around
on fencepost.  It has a particular quirk that *any* GNU project member
should be able to write to it.  I didn't have a good way to implement
that, so I ignored that requirement.  It only has regex in it right now,
but should collect most of the things that wind up in lib/ (for
portability) in various GNU packages.  It has no "official" maintainer,
but is sanctioned by RMS.  I have added him to the cc: list for his opinion.

--
I am a Unitarian *Universalist* - RUAUU2? =)