Re: [Savannah-hackers] gnu-socketserver

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] gnu-socketserver
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 23:43:11 +0000

>>> Loic Dachary <address@hidden> 25-Feb-01 3:11:57 PM >>>

>I'd like to ask about the status of socketserver.
>I wanted to integrate it in savannah but was not
>able to easily find out if it's an official GNU package
>or not. The CVS tree is on subversions but I can't find
>it in www.gnu.org. Could you shortly enlight me ?

SocketServer was developed as part of Paperclips. I wanted a seperate
CVS because it's a generic tool that could be used in systems other
than Paperclips (for example I have an IMAP server planned).

I guess it should be a seperate project... but it never has been
officially. I will register it on savannah and let the GNU people
decide...

As for weblook this was an effort to develop an HTML generation tool
for Java. It was another part of Paperclips but when we found better
ways round the problem we abandoned the effort. I think it can be
deleted, we only left it around because of the free software thing....
I know that nobody is actually using it.

Nic