[Savannah-hackers] switch to CVS/Savannah

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] switch to CVS/Savannah
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 18:53:32 +0100 (CET)

Leonard H. Tower Jr. writes:
 > Hi Loic,
 >
 > I assume you reviewed README.cvs.html while moving www.gnu.org to
 > CVS/Savannah (http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/README.cvs.html).

 I did yes.

 > You might want to add a note at the top of README.cvs.html, that it
 > has been superceeded by page *.html, and is around for historical
 > reasons.

 Done.

 > Have you given consideration to how the translation teams will
 > interface?  Perhaps they will just handle things as any other
 > webmaster would.

 This issue was raised twice, yes. Savannah does not offer translation
support unfortunately. The translators will have to work as any other
webmaster until it does.

 > If you haven't already, it be wise to put much of ~www/bin and many of
 > the files in ~www/ under CVS.  Also all the non-automatically
 > generated files under /home/diffmon.

 That would be useful, indeed. However, I won't devote much time to the
evolution of the www.gnu.org CVS tree in the future and I hope webmasters
will take over. I'll do whatever is necessary to make the current setup
run smoothly but will not lead new efforts. The migration took a lot more
time than I first thought ;-)

 > Ideally, it be best to put all files that aren't part of the OS
 > install under CVS, if someone can be found to put in the time.

 Definitely, yes. I know a group of sysadmin working on at geocities-like
web site that do this for all their files, including system files. It helps
them a lot but it's a lot of work to make it work properly.

     Cheers,