Re: [Savannah-hackers] Classpath does not appear in project list

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Classpath does not appear in project list
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:54:21 +0200

Nic Ferrier writes:
 > Classpath does not appear in project list which seems strange.

 > Actually, now I look at it Classpath has been setup all wrong!
 >

 > There's no cvs for the webpages!

 > Anyone any ideas?

        Yes :-)

        Classpath had its own special way to update the web from the
CVS tree, before Savannah existed, before www.gnu.org switched to CVS.
Here is what is run nightly on gnudist.gnu.org:/home/www/bin/nightly:

# rao - Updating ${WWW_HOME}/html/software/classpath from subversions.gnu.org
echo "`date`  CVS update ${WWW_HOME}/html/software/classpath"
WHICHDIR=`pwd`
CVS_PASSFILE=/home/rao/.cvspass
export CVS_PASSFILE
cd ~rao/classpath/doc
cvs -q update -d
cd www.gnu.org
make MHC=/home/rao/mhc all > /dev/null
sudo rsync -rl --delete --exclude "CVS/" --include "*/" --include "*.html" --ex\
clude "*" /home/rao/classpath/doc/www.gnu.org/ ${WWW_HOME}/html/software/classp\
ath/
sudo chmod -R g+rw /home/rao/classpath/doc
cd $WHICHDIR

        This is why I did not associated classpath with the corresponding
CVS directory when I moved www.gnu.org in CVS : to avoid conflicts with the
existing script and existing habits. If you or the developers of classpath
want to change the situation, just drop a mail in savannah-hackers.

        I hope this helps,