Re: [Savannah-hackers] https port on subversions

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] https port on subversions
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 11:36:20 +0200

Joel N. Weber II writes:

 > 1) Remove pserver from the HTTPS port associated with the
 > ``subversions'' IP address.  We should either run the same https
 > daemon that we run on ``savannah'', or just have that port refuse
 > connections.
 >
 > 2) Make sure that the HTTPS port on subversions-ssh.gnu.org is
 > listening for ssh connections.
 >
 > I think it's the case that providing ssh instead of pserver is the
 > right thing; if people feel that they have to use pserver, I'd be
 > curious to know why.

        I see no problem with this. The only thing that prevents me from
actually doing it is that I would have to figure out exactly who is using
the https/pserver trick and talk with each one to make sure the change
will not prevent them from working. Of course we could do the change and
wait for them to complain. But I tend to find this approach kind of
unfriendly ;-)

        Cheers,