Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Great Display Sys

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Great Display System
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 09:23:16 +0200

        Hi,

        Could you, please provide a URL where we can look at the current
version of the software ? Just re-submit your project with the URL.

        Also I'd like to point out that PDF is a proprietary format
(see the license terms at
http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/acrosdk/DOCS/pdfspec.pdf). Therefore
you may want to provide support for an alternative format that does not
have the same restrictions. Note that if a functionality of your software
is dependent of PDF and cannot be used with any other supported format, it
will be bound to the will of Adobe, now and forever.

        Cheers,