[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of SimaSky Server

From: p_roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of SimaSky Server
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 00:29:21 -0400

Pascal Roy <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: SimaSky Server
System name: simsky
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

My project is to developpe a server platform for flight simulator software who
exist at the presente time (Ref Fly, Fly2, Flight Simulator 98 2000 and 2002,
X-Plane.  This server platform will be use to inter-connect the multi player
ability of each Simulator. where each user will be able to interact with each
other with no disrimination of Simulator software.

The server PlateForm will have to be \"process distibuted\" to permit the
creation of a web of server all over the world. This way, a simulator user in
one country will connect to the most nearby server, but he will be able to see
other user logged on other servers but flying in his area.

Then, in addition to this project, We will developpe a GUI with all the tools
needed by a Controller.

this is a very populare piece of software.
(Ref: http://vatsim.net/     and   http://www.ivao.org)

ProController© and Squawkbox© have similare idea
(Ref: http://www.simclients.com/ )
but it is not GNU and are hard to use and configure. and it does not connect
\"all\" Multi player simulator.

It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.