Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of cwriter

From: mose
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of cwriter
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 12:06:00 +0200

On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 11:43:34AM +0200, Loic Dachary wrote:
> address@hidden writes:
>  >
>  > A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org.
>  > This mail was sent to address@hidden, address@hidden
>  >
>  >
>  > Mose <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
>  > License: gpl
>  > Other License:
>  > Package: cwriter
>  > System name: cwriter
>  > This package does NOT want to apply for inclusion in the GNU project
>  >
>  > cWriter stands for Collaborative Writer. It\'s a full web environment for
> group work around documents, written in PHP, using filesystem for document
> sotorage and MySQL for users database.
>  >
>  > Code born in 1996, GPL since september 2000.
>  >
>  > more info with
>  > http://rc.mose.fr
>  > http://rc.makinac.net
>  > http://rc.sf.net
>  > http://sf.net/projects/cwriter
>
>       Hi,
>
>       http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/cwriter/cwriter.tar.gz
>
>       The distribution of cwriter does not contain the GNU GPL
> license and no file has a copyright notice stating that it is released
> under the GNU GPL. Failing this cwriter is not Free Software. In addition
> you certainly want to convert all the gif files to jpg or png in order
> to avoid the problems linked to this image format.
>
>       Could you please do the necessary changes and re-submit your
> project ?

- http://rc.mose.fr/fr/rc/Annexes/2.%2BLicence
is where the licence is displayed.

(stored in
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cwriter/cwriter/internal/rc/in/Annexes/2.%2bLicence/intro.txt?rev=1.1.1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup)

I guess I should change the licence location in the directory tree.

Do I need to change and release a new tarball including a file
explicitly named LICENCE.TXT before submitting again at savanah ?

mose