[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNU EUPM

From: abadia
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNU EUPM
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 09:46:28 -0400

Aleix Badia i Bosch <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: fdl
Other License:
Package: GNU EUPM
System name: geupm

This project wants to spread GNU software among EUPM students. EUPM is an
university 60Km far from Barcelona.
Careers given in this university are mechanics, electronics, chemistry, minery
and telecommunications. Most of software used in practices is proprietary
software, the same with operating system and office programs. This project
wants to create documentation about utilization of free software instead of
propietary software, we also want to traduce some english tutorials to catalan
(language used in this university) to let non-english-reader users start using
free software. As students, we think we are best users to produce information
to introduce non-users or beginners, as we know which programs are used and how
much of them are used. We are working on the following documentation:

  - OpenOffice tutorial (installing and basic utilization)
  - Document about installing cygwin (traduction)
  - Document about cygwin+lyx (to produce high quality scientific
documentation) (traduction)

Subjects:
  Electronics
  - Document about installation and utilization of 8051\'s microcontroller
simulators under GNU/Linux

  Programming introduction
  - Document about installation and basic utilization of GNU/gcc and GNU/gdb
(under GNU/Linux and Win32, and specific for this subject)

Project development
  - Document about installation and basic utilization of gcvs and wincvs
(traduction)

This is a part of a bigger project which wants to introduce GNU/Linux in
university laboratories\' computers.