Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: PHP4 license

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: PHP4 license
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 21:25:44 -0700

This is fantastic news!

Im very glad this is now final and public, phpGroupWare next version will no longer have to suffer with PHP3 compatibility and for those of you still waiting for us to get rid of the gifs we still have, you wont be waiting much longer. I have taken on the task myself and will be doing it while we change our entire interface.

We on the phpGW are still interested in building a version of the savannah/sourceforge software that uses our API and the changes we are making to it will make it far more easier to accomplish.

Dan Kuykendall

Richard Stallman wrote:
Because of license changes in PHP 4, we are no longer asking people to
avoid PHP4.  It is ok to use it on Savannah.

The new license of PHP4 is little different from the Apache license.

I am sorry that I didn't update license-list.html when the license
changed.