Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: freesoftware.fsf.org: the issue that will not

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: freesoftware.fsf.org: the issue that will not die
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 13:34:38 -0400

    I would like to point out that when I should have read "nongnu"
    without knowing about "gnu" and "nongnu" projects I would have thought
    that the projects have nothing to do with free software.

    It seems (to me) that nongnu is against gnu :)

That is a misunderstanding.  "Non" does not mean "against".

A couple of sentences of explanation in the home page should
cure any such misunderstandings that get started.