[Savannah-hackers] submission of Pragmatic - savannah.nongnu.org

From: web2ed
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Pragmatic - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 17:39:32 -0400

Edward B. Wilson II <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: other
Other License: The Mozilla Public License (MPL).

Since this is a programming language, we need to allow users to link against
various libs with restrictions.  The language itself is complete free, open,
and non-commercial, however, users need to be able to use it as broadly as
their needs dictate.
Package: Pragmatic
System name: pragmatic
Type: non-GNU

Pragmatic
=========
We are working on a new free programming language called 'Pragmatic'.  We have
no source code at this time; we are still in the syntactic discovery process.

Our code will be completely open and completely free (in both free speech and
free beer)

We will most likely code the language using gcc as the reference compiler, but
our goal is to support compiling under any ansi C compiler.

We want to output a gcc front-end which gcc can compile to machine.

We have no website as of yet to refer to but will shortly once our project
matures.

Other Software Required:
None, our language is to be completely GNU compatible with glibc.  We are
striving for maximum portability.

Other Comments:

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/