[Savannah-hackers] Re: diffing emacs branches

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: diffing emacs branches
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 16:16:21 -0400

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 05:33:14PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
> We started using the new log_accum script a couple of months ago, and
> it worked.  I observed that commits to a branch started to show the
> name of the branch and the correct version numbers, and the diffs were
> correct too.  I've seen this many times.
>
> I have not been checking recently, though; did the old broken
> log_accum script get reinstalled by accident?

The log_accum script is ok.  What I don't understand is that this is
the contents of the file that calls log_accum (loginfo, it's in the
CVSROOT dir):

#^emacs /usr/local/bin/log_accum_rms -T emacs -C -m address@hidden
address@hidden -m address@hidden -r "" -s %{sVv}
^emacs /usr/local/bin/log_accum -T emacs -C -m address@hidden address@hidden
-s %{sVv}

The part that is commented out is the part I used when I tested a
proposed update (that didn't work).

The log_accum script says this:
#       -r TAG          - operate only on changes with tag TAG
#       -r BRANCH       - operate only on changes in branch TAG
#                         Use -r "" for "only changes with no tag or branch".

I do not remember what you wanted, but with this information I can
only say that the new log_accum script has never been used, because
the entry in loginfo is the standard entry.

Or mayby the documentation of the -r tag isn't complete and should say
that when it is not present it is set to -r "".

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org