[Savannah-help-public] [support #103855] Mailing list creation for avr-l

From: Sylvain Beucler
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 20:03:40 +0000

Follow-up Comment #3, support #103855 (project administration):

I'm discussing the wording issue with the FSF.

I confirm we do not want to advertise the Open Source movement, so I'd ask
you to please change the references.

Aside from the arguments presented in the URL, "open source" is not
especially clearer than "free software", allowing eg people from Microsoft to
confuse "Shared Source" and free software in their speeches when discussing
the Rotor .Net implementation. Another example of such confusion is GraphViz,
claiming to be open source on its homepage while it's nor free software nor
OSI-compliant.

Waiting for this issue to be clearly discussed and fixed, you can prepare the
archives to be imported.

I am a deep feeling that I already wrote this last sentence, so I suppose I
began writing it, and didn't post it in this tracker. Apologizes for the
delay that caused.

This item URL is:

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=103855>

  Message posté via/par Savannah