Re: [Savannah-help-public] Access to Savannah thru http?

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Access to Savannah thru http?
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:58:26 +0100

Hello address@hidden (I don't know your name),

Richard Stallman told the GNU Savannah hackers that some universities
have troubles to connect to our CVS service, because they use
restrictive outgoing traffic firewall filtering rules.

We are considering adding an SSH daemon that would listen on a port
allowed by such firewall.

However, depending on this outgoing traffic filtering, this may or may
not work.

We would like to get more information about this issue, and RMS told
us you could help. Can you explain the issue in detail to us? Would
providing CVS over SSH access using a port different than 22 help?

--
Sylvain