[Savannah-help-public] [sr #104513] I need Administrative Access

From: Ray Dryden
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #104513] I need Administrative Access
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:29:43 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
        Platform Version: GNU/Linux
             Open/Closed: Open

Details:

Hello Support,

I have been appointed the new maintainer of the now dormant GNU Project
presently know as DotGNU Project Forum System.

Richard Stallman has made this appointment,  I have enclosed a copy of said
appointment

----copy---

I hereby appoint you as the new maintainer of dotgnu-forum.
Please notify me if ever you wish to step down.

The new-gnu people will mail you a file, maintain.text, which describes a lot
of procedures for GNU maintainers.  The file also describes who you can ask
for various kinds of support or advice.  If you encounter a situation where it
isn't clear what to do, you can also ask address@hidden, which is a list of a
few other GNU maintainers who have offered to answer questions for new
maintainers.

They will also add you to the gnu-prog mailing list, a moderated list for
announcements to GNU maintainers.  They will also add you to the gnu-prog-disc
list, which can be used for discussion among GNU maintainers, but whether to
stay on the list is up to you.

If ftp.gnu.org is the distribution site, please tell
address@hidden when you have a version to release.  Please send in your
gpg keys and other information to address@hidden  When that is set up,
you'll be able to do uploads yourself.  See
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain.html for details.

If the distribution site is not now ftp.gnu.org, we can move it there if you
wish.  We invite you to put the CVS repository on subversions.gnu.org, but it
is ok to use another site if you prefer.

Please write or update the web pages about the program, to put in
http://www.gnu.org/software/PROGRAMNAME.  These pages should be the main web
site for the program, and they should really have the information for users,
not just a link to another site; please use
http://www.gnu.org/software/PROGRAMNAME whenever you give out the URL for the
home page of the program.  Please don't set up a "site for the program"
anywhere else--if you want to do work on additional web pages about the
program, please put them on www.gnu.org.

(It is ok to put pages that address developers-only topics on another site,
and likewise for pages that access databases.)

In writing the web pages, please follow the style guidelines in
http://www.gnu.org/server/fsf-html-style-sheet.html.  You can send the pages
to address@hidden when you are done, or you can use Savannah to install
and edit them directly.

We invite you to use Savannah as the CVS repository for both the program and
its web pages.  This makes it easy to update the web pages, since whatever you
install through CVS will automatically appear on www.gnu.org.  Using Savannah
will also help the GNU Project in other ways.  To set this up, visit
http://savannah.gnu.org/.

Please also write an entry or a change for the page
http://www.gnu.org/people/people.html, and mail that to
address@hidden also.  Note that we don't want to talk about proprietary
software, so if you have worked on any, please don't mention it here.  Your
entry can include a link to your home page provided it fits our usual criteria
for what we link to.

Please make sure that the program has an up-to-date entry in our Free Software
Directory.  Contact address@hidden for more info about this.

need.  There should be at least one, address@hidden, for reporting bugs.
 Please tell them whether you would like this list to be open to the public or
just an alias going to whoever you choose. Also please say whether you would
like to have a public archive of the
list.

If there are a few alternative names that might be natural for users to use,
let's make all the aliases that might be useful.  If you want these lists to
be aliases for lists on your site, that is ok; ask new-gnu to set them up that
way.

to ask other users for help.  And some programs have a list
address@hidden for sending announcements to the users.  (These
are often moderated.)  Please think about whether such lists are appropriate
for this program; please ask for them if you want them.

When you make a release, please mail an announcement to
address@hidden about the existence of the program.  Include a brief
description of the program so people can tell whether they are interested in
using it.  The announcement should mention the web pages on www.gnu.org, and
say where to get the program by ftp.

new-gnu people, could you please enter Ray Dryden in gnuorg/maintainers, add
him to the gnu-prog lists, and send him a copy of maintain.text?

---end copy---

I want to begin getting this thing going.  I intend to use CVS repositories on
Savannah for main (most) administration of the Project.

I may seem a nuisance at first, as I am new to the processes of both Gnu/Linux
Project and Structure of Savannah Web.

I am not afraid to ask, and may be doing much of same.

---
Ray Dryden
Founder/CEO
RayzBiz - MastrLynxMarketing, Inc.
address@hidden
call me: 573.754.4036
http://mastrlynx.com/
http://raygunz.net/hosting

Carbon-Copy List:

CC Address                          | Comment
mastrlynx                           | the dotgnu forum appointment

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=104513>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/