Re: [savannah-help-public] Fwd: git.sv.gnu.org ssh host key

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Fwd: git.sv.gnu.org ssh host key
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 13:23:25 -0700

Hello ayleph,

ayleph wrote:
> I'm not sure if I sent the below report to the correct place originally,

Yes this is the correct place to ask for help about Savannah.  And
also the savannah-users mailing list was a good place too.  I was
surprised that none of the users responded to you there.  I made a
reply there just now so that other users on that mailing list would
see the reply.  I will say more here too.

> and I'm afraid it may be stuck in a queue since I'm not subscribed to
> that list. I apologize if you receive this report multiple times. It

You do not need to be subscribed to the mailing lists to post a
message.  The GNU mailing lists (most of them) are open lists and
anyone may participate.

If you are a new address that has not posted to the mailing list
before then your posting will be held for human review and
moderation.  Spammers routinely subscribe and post spam and therefore
we use a combination of mechanical and human processing including
human moderation of new posters in order to keep spam off of the
mailing lists.  This is true of almost all of the mailing lists at
gnu.org.  After you have posted then your address will be known and
will be passed through without delay for subsequent messages.  It is
only the initial contact that there is a moderation delay.

> appears that git.sv.gnu.org is now providing an ED25519 host key where
> it was previously providing an RSA key. Could someone verify whether
> this is correct, and if so, please update the documentation accordingly?

Rather than type in a lot of repeat information here let me point you
to a previous discussion of this item.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2017-01/msg00032.html

Here are a few of the more interesting recent news items.

  https://savannah.gnu.org/news/
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-users/
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-users/2016-11/msg00006.html
  https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=8749