[savannah-help-public] [sr #109269] How to set a MAC address

From: anonymous
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109269] How to set a MAC address
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 13:09:16 -0500 (EST)

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hi everyone,

I'm new in unsing lwIP. I'm developing a board using NXP Kinetis K65 device,
with FreeRTOS and lwIP, and IAR EWARM compiler/debugger.
I'm testing my application and everything seems woking fine.
Now my problem is how to set a different MAC address for every physical
device: I've browsed the source code and it seems that the MAC address is
hardcoded in the source file (ethernetif.h).
My idea is to read the MAC address from an otp memory and set it during the
initialization phase.

Has anyone some suggestion to solve my problem?

Many thanks
Biafra

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109269>

  Message sent via/by Savannah