[sr #110614] auctex-diffs emails should be in the same format as emacs-d

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [sr #110614] auctex-diffs emails should be in the same format as emacs-diffs
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 02:04:37 -0400 (EDT)

Sorry for the delay.  Life had many random convergences preventing me
from having any free time at all.

I looked at things today.  And honestly it took me an embarrassingly
long time to see that the previous post receive hook used "hooks" but
the git-multimail.py hook uses "multimailhook".  That definitely
prevented it from getting any of the configuration.  I failed to see
that was the difference for way too long.  But eventually realized
that was the problem.  Configured it.

And now for real I promise the configuration for auctex is identical
to the configuration for emacs except for the email addresses
configured for mail to be sent.  The next push there will tell if this
is true or not.

> Reading your docs, shouldn't it be mailingList (with capital L)
> instead of mailinglist?

I am pretty sure that on that part of the configuration that case is
ignored.  Therefore any case is equivalent.  That's a definite maybe!
I think.  But that's exactly how it is for the emacs configuration,
which was the one you wanted to clone, and it is working there.

> And maybe commitList would even be more appropriate for the
> auctex-diffs, i.e., one mail with diff per commit instead of one
> diff mail per ref-change/push?

Hold that thought.  Let's get things working first.  Just like it is
with emacs.  And then can make that modification and see what it
looksl like.

> The docs for mailingList are a bit vague here but I would prefer one
> mail to auctex-diffs per commit instead of one mail with 5 diffs when
> I push 5 commits in one go.

There are projects that have asked to disable the summary message.
Here is an example.

[multimailhook]
        mailinglist =
        commitList = groff-commit@gnu.org