Re: Wherefore art thou multi-hop?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Wherefore art thou multi-hop?
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 21:22:26 +0200

Kirk Strauser <address@hidden> writes:

> What am I doing wrong?  Alternatively, what debugging information can I
> provide?

I'm not sure whether you still have the old filename format or
whether you are using the new unified filename format.

You can look at tramp-make-tramp-file-format.  If it contains square
brackets, it's still the old format.  If it contains colons and no
square brackets, it's the new format.

The new format is /method:address@hidden:filename.  For multi files, it's
/multi:method1:address@hidden:method2:address@hidden:filename.  Note that
the hop methods are not optional.

You could (setq tramp-debug-buffer t) and (setq tramp-verbose 10) and
then recreate the problem and show me the *tramp/foo* buffer in
addition to the *debug tramp/foo* buffer.

kai