Re: tests with latest version on winnt/emacs-21.2/cygwin

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: tests with latest version on winnt/emacs-21.2/cygwin
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 13:04:07 +0200

"Thomas Haselberger" <address@hidden> writes:

> but when I try to save it, an error occurs, and the file is gone on
> the linux box.

Have Tramp open a connection to the remote host, then switch to the
*tramp/foo* buffer (not the *debug tramp/foo* buffer), erase the
buffer, and do:

M-: (process-send-string nil "echo xyzzy | mimencode -b\n") RET

Show me the output.  Erase the buffer.  Now do:

M-: (process-send-string nil
    "echo xyzzy | mimencode -b | mimencode -b -u\n") RET

Line break for mail only.  Show me the output.

Maybe you have to say \r\n instead of just \n if the remote host
doesn't appear to respond.

Hm.  Now that I look at the trace again, it looks strange.  Did you
open a connection to the same host twice?

It helps to delete all *tramp/foo* and *debug tramp/foo* buffers
(thereby killing the processes, too) and to then do the shortest
command sequence that exhibits the error.  If possible, avoid
filename completion as that makes the debug buffer longer.

kai