Re: tramp (2.0.14); tramp hangs when storing files >1000 bytes

From: Bjørn Nordbø
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.14); tramp hangs when storing files >1000 bytes
Date: 11 Sep 2002 15:29:02 +0200

address@hidden (Kai Großjohann) writes:
> Does this help?  Maybe you could try different values for
> tramp-chunksize.  Maybe you could also try to replace (sleep-for 0.1)
> there with (sleep-for 1) or so.  The number is the number of seconds
> to wait between chunks.

:-D It works! I haven't tried to tune it yet, but 500 bytes chunks using
0.1 second intervals works like a charm. Great; now my sofa-office is
complete.

OBTW, my guess is that there is a timing/buffer problem involving the
SSH-gateway (the bastion host). Two hops works fine on the internal net-
work.

Bjorn