Users of tramp-chunksize speak up!

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Users of tramp-chunksize speak up!
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 21:41:34 +0100

Some of you are using tramp-chunksize, I think.  Could you please
speak up and say what's your local system, what's the remote system,
how you connect, and what's the value of tramp-chunksize that you use?

(As a reminder: tramp-chunksize can be used to make sending of data
to the remote host slower.  For some people, sending data too quickly
meant that it didn't arrive on the remote end.)

I've changed the default value to 500 now (send 500 bytes, then wait
0.1 seconds before sending the next chunk), from the old value of nil
(send all of it at once).  So if you use inline methods and observe a
slowdown, that's where it is coming from.
--
A turnip curses Elvis