Re: 2003-02-12 / tramp-remote-path vs. LD_LIBRARY_PATH

From: Jochen_Hayek
Subject: Re: 2003-02-12 / tramp-remote-path vs. LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:44:49 +0100

    KG> But the question is, is it also a problem in practice?
    KG> Are there programs that people wish to use with Tramp
    KG> that depend on that part of the environment?

If "GNU ls" depends on a glibc,
that can only be found through LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
then we're already there, right?!

    KG> Now coming to think of it, I think it's not really a problem:
    KG> people's shell init files
    KG> will set up $LD_LIBRARY_PATH appropriately,
    KG> and Tramp will just inherit that setting.

Well I saw this in the debug buffers
(actually in the context of tilde expansion):

    bash -norc -noprofile

But I have no clue, whether tramp calls the resp. and actual shell
(for executing the "post-startup commands")
with similar command line options.
Because then shell init files would not be executed anyway.

So I can't really confirm that your assumptions holds.

    KG> [...]

Jochen